Sometimes you just want a really simple dish, and this is where quinoa comes in. It’s easy to use, has a lovely nutty flavour and lends itself to a range of sweet and savory cuisines. I had some asian ingredients leftover from making soup and rice paper rolls so I decided to make a quick lunch. It took about 15 minutes max and was a great, tasty filling meal on a cold day. You could certainly add any leftover veggies, tofu or tempeh you have handy.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 capsicum diced
- 1 spring onion diced
- 1/2 cup hot vegetable stock
- handful bean shoots
- 1 garlic clove finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 red chilli, finely diced (optional)
- 1teaspoon Sriracha (chilli sauce)
- Add quinoa to a dry warm fry pan and cook until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and vegetable stock.
- Stir and top with a lid and turn off the heat. Leave for 5 minutes whilst you make your dressing
- Add dressing ingredients to a jar, pop the lid on and shake.
- Add corn, spring onion and bean shoots to the quinoa and mix through with a fork.
- Stir through dressing and serve.