Ex Indie Rockstar, into sharing what I'm passionate about: technology, the web, the environment, inspiring ideas and the democratisation of them all.
I'm not a fan of jargon and try not to use it, but sometimes it's a quick way of getting ideas across, so…
What am I?
- A digital trouble shooter… Offering ideas and solutions to niggling problems
- An Ideas man… I'd happily sit around all day coming up with crazy and plausible ideas
- A connection maker and lover of finding out who and what is out there and joining the dots… And I'm always happy to introduce you
What do I believe in?
- I believe in talking to people, clarity and making complex concepts simple
- I believe in spreading the word on good technologies, techniques and examples
- I like to try to help as much as possible, I do also like to be paid for what I do, but won't rip you off and will give you good value
- I like to try and contribute resources and ideas back to the foundations and developers behind the software I use.
What do I do?
I create and support graphic design, web design, web development, mobile development and creating systems and processes that work for the job. I have particular experience in the community, not-for-profit and social enterprise sector(s) and my skill set focuses on Drupal, CiviCRM, User experience, Business analysis, Cross platform mobile development, InDesign and Photoshop.
Web & digital
- Project management, system consultation
- Web development, design and maintenance
- Web, Social Media and Search Engine Optimisation strategy and policy
- Mobile sites and apps
Print & publishing
- Print design, typesetting and layout
- Digital book design, typesetting, layout and consultation
- Business and home decluttering and streamlining
- Systems consultation
Why on earth do you call yourself 'Chris Chinchilla'?
Hmm, yes it does sound rather silly doesn't it! It's a nickname I've had for over 12 years after a passing comment at school, I've carried it through all my fanzine and music years and quite like it. For those who are interested, a Chinchilla is a small (and very cute) South American rodent (And also a small town in Queensland, Australia) and is a real name in South America.
For those who are really interested, my real name is Chris Ward… Very dull.